The original home of the blog known as 802 Online

Friday, February 18, 2005

Pilgrim at the Mayflower


Pilgrim at the Mayflower
Originally uploaded by cresmer.
This is an unattractive but visually interesting photo of me sitting at the desk in my room at the august Mayflower Hotel in DC. Lots of colorful flags out front and glittery chandeliers in the lobby. I'm here to participate in the AAN East conference (that's Association of Alternative Newsweeklies).

Tonight at 7:30, Fiona Morgan and I will be hosting an informal conversation about alt. weeklies and technology. Fiona's a staff writer for the Independent Weekly in Durham. We ran into each other last weekend at the Triangle Bloggercon in NC and decided we should continue our bloggy conversation with some of our AAN peers.

The actual conference starts today at 2. I'm covering the editorial track for the AAN website, and will post links later to what promises to be truly scintillating and groundbreaking coverage. I also get to write about tomorrow's lunchtime event--Atrios (aka Duncan Black) will speak about...I'm not sure what, but probably something to do with blogs. Apparently today is his birthday. Happy day, Atrios.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?